Monday, November 29, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had some leftover pumpkin after I made pumpkin rolls for Thanksgiving, and my mind instantly went to this recipe. I went to my blog to find it and couldn't believe I didn't have it on here yet. Jadi made these for me a couple of years ago and I've been in love with them ever since. These cookies are moist, soft, and cake-like, and the combination of pumpkin, cinnamon, and chocolate is so good. I'm just glad there's more leftover pumpkin in the fridge.

1 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I always use butter in my baking, so this would be 1 stick of butter)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp milk
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil (or butter), vanilla and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and firm. (I only baked these for a little over 8 minutes.)

Seriously, these are fabulous. Thanks for yet another wonderful recipe, Jadi!

1 comment:

it's just lisa said...

BONNNNNY you are so inspired!! I have to be at a VT appointment in 3 hours and was looking all over for my pumpkin cho.chip recipe but could not find it!! how did you know that I needed this post AT THIS TIME???? you are so great :) i sure do miss you Bonny!