Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

This is yet another fabulous recipe from Jadi's blog. If you like peanut butter with chocolate, you'll love these. The candy gets all melty and gooey, so they're totally delicious hot out of the oven, but are equally as yummy once they've cooled. You can either bake these in a mini-muffin tin or on a cookie sheet. I don't have a mini-muffin tin, so I just used a cookie sheet and loved how they turned out. Click here for the original recipe on Jadi's blog and you can see what they look like if you use the tin.

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
30-40 miniature Reese's peanut butter cups, frozen and unwrapped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda; set aside.

Cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.

Shape into 30-40 balls and place each ball into a mini-muffin pan or onto a cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 for approximately 8 minutes (I think I did 7 or 7 1/2 minutes). Be careful not to over bake. They should be a very light golden color. Remove from oven and immediately press a mini peanut butter cup into each ball. Cool and then carefully remove from pan.

Wonderful with a cold glass of milk! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I'm currently only eating sugar once a week and seeing these cookies are making me drool on my keyboard!

Jadi said...

I am glad you liked them too. I always eat way too many. :)