Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Pumpkin Roll


This is one of my absolute favorite desserts. I only make it around this time of year, and I look so forward to it. I made it today for our preschool Thanksgiving lunch, and used the last of the fresh pumpkin I had frozen after our trip to the pumpkin patch. I have never used canned pumpkin, but I'm sure it would be just as delicious. This version of the recipe is from Cooks.com. Seriously, try it--it's SOOOO good!

Pumpkin Jelly Rolls

3 eggs, beaten 5 minutes
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2/3 cup pumpkin, canned
1 cup chopped pecans

Filling:
1 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese
5 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Add remaining ingredients to beaten eggs. Pour into well greased cookie sheet. (You need to use a jelly roll-style pan, or a cookie sheet with edges.) Sprinkle with 1 cup chopped pecans. Bake 15-20 minutes (I bake it for 15) at 375 degrees. Turn out onto a clean tea towel. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Roll into a roll. Let cool.

Filling: Mix powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.

When cake is completely cool, unroll cake and spread on filling. Remove towel, roll back into a roll. Keep refrigerated.

(If you make this the night before and wrap it in plastic wrap/foil, it is very easy to slice into sections the next morning because the filling has had a chance to set. )

2 comments:

Jadi said...

This is the best recipe! Every time I think about it I start craving it!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

the ohana said...

Funny Ryan! Don't worry Mike still loves him. We'll most likely move in the Fall. We'll for surely find out in March. We still have to get together before baby Jonah comes out! Let us know when is the best time for you. This recipe bytw looks really yummy. I'll try to make it. I got lazy with my recipe blog. Take care!