Sunday, February 22, 2009

Zucchini Muffins

My friend Jody gave me this recipe. They are so easy to make and so good.

3 eggs, beaten
2 ¼ c sugar
1 c oil
3 t vanilla
2 c peeled, grated raw zucchini
3 c flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
½ t baking powder
3 t cinnamon

Mix first 4 ingredients well and add remaining ingredients. Bake in greased muffin pans at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown.

I only got 3 zucchini, and grated it was about 1 1/4 cups. They still turned out delicious, but next time I'll probably get 5 or 6. I also mixed about a tablespoon of butter with about 1/4 cube of cream cheese, some powdered sugar, and a splash of vanilla to make a cream cheese frosting. These muffins are absolutely delicious without the frosting, and with it as well. With the frosting it tasted a lot like a pumpkin roll, which is one of my favorite desserts ever.

No comments: