Monday, February 9, 2009

Chicken Tenders and Potato Wedges


I know I named this blog "Bonny's Bakery", but I've started cooking more than I used to, so I'll just put all my favorite recipes here. Dinner tonight was a HUGE hit. Everyone loved it--so much so that when I was trying to pack leftovers for Ryan's lunch tomorrow, the kids ate them all before I even made it to the fridge. I found the recipe for the chicken on Cooks.com, and the potatoes were inspired by my friend Jonathan's recipe blog. I cooked baby carrots to go along with the chicken and potatoes. Grayson asked me to please make this chicken again tomorrow. :)

Chicken Tenders (as found on Cooks.com)

1 lb. chicken tenderloins cut into 1" pieces (I used 3 chicken breasts, and cut them into strips and smaller pieces for nuggets)
1 stick butter, melted
Ritz crackers, crushed (I used a blender to make a fine powder)
Garlic powder
Pepper
Fresh chopped parsley (1/2 bunch) (I didn't use the parsley)

Mix Ritz, parsley, garlic powder and pepper in a large bowl; set aside. Toss chicken tenders in melted butter until well coated. Remove from butter and toss in crumb mixture. When completely coated place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until golden. I put ranch dressing and ketchup out as dipping sauces.

Potato Wedges

Potatoes
Olive oil
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning

Wash potatoes of choice (I used Butter Golds), leave skins on, and cut into wedges. Pour enough olive oil into a bowl to coat potatoes. Put potatoes in bowl and stir until coated. Line a cookie sheet with foil and scoop potatoes onto the foil in a single layer. Lightly sprinkle seasonings over potatoes. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. I turned mine over halfway through cooking to get both sides crispy.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Abby said...

I make a similar chicken tenders meal, but with a delicious onion dipping sauce. Love it. I'll have to share it with you some time.